Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2022

TBWD ~ January 5th - 8th

Here's the next four days of journaling in The Beautiful Word Devotional.

These first two pages are 
the final pages from my 
2019 Six-Day Journaling Marathon 
mentioned in my last post. 
Marathon?
(😂) 
You may notice on the left, the red ink 
that bled through from the previous page.

On these last two pages, you can see 
that the outline around the heart above
bled through onto the left page below.
I'm calling it The Mighty Bleed Through of 2019.
I seek to eliminate bleed throughs in the future.
The right side is my 
First Official 2022 Journaling page.
As you can clearly see, 
this endeavor is not about perfection! 
LOL
I started out messing up which created various ugly issues. After some thought, I decided to cut a piece of paper, journal on it, and then glue it over the unsightly mess with Modge Podge. It's still not what I'd prefer but it's done and I had fun.

So what is it about, you ask?

It's about:

Reading and absorbing the devotions. 

Letting go of trying to create perfect pages.

Challenging myself.

Completing each page in a reasonable amount of time. 

Learning new things and
growing in the familiar ones.

Using many types of media, such as 
colored pencils and other markers, 
stencils, watercolors and other paints, 
paper collage, 
fabric, yarn and other fibers 
and anything else that strikes my fancy.

And last but not least...
It's about having fun!

I will have access to all of my art supplies when we get into the house. They're currently in storage. I got rid of a lot but kept a lot. I can't even remember what all I have so opening them will be like Christmas. I'm certainly looking forward to it!  

That's my post for today.

Tootles Y'all,
Donna

P.S. I just updated my other blog, Smiles For Many Miles, with the latest house info if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment