Pages

Friday, January 7, 2022

Groundhog Days Are Almost Over

Happy New Year Y'all!

Ah yes, it's 2022, a brand new year, all bright, shiny, and bursting with hope. The list of things to hope for this year is a long one. At the top of my list is that we will have an immensely kinder and much healthier USA (and world). Let's hope and pray Covid will finally bite the dust in 2022--and the sooner, the better!

~ ~ ~
2021, The Year of Groundhog Days 

Basically, every day of 2021 was exactly alike. In addition to waiting for Covid to disappear, we spent the entire year of 2021 waiting and watching for our house to be built. In fact, the waiting started in October 2020 when we purchased a lot in a 55+ community. 

Each morning since then, we drove to the lot and around the community. Then, each afternoon (and many weekends), hubby Geo went to work and I dwelled in the RV doing stuff

Sleep.
Wake up. 
Repeat.

As a result, 2021 will forever be etched in my mind as the year of groundhog days. 
Our in-progress home as of 1.6.22

As it stands now: 
The daily drives to the house continue!
***
Geo retired on Nov. 30th 
(BIG YAY!)
***
I've grown in the fruit of patience, 
and 
we're scheduled to close on January 27th!

Please join me in doing a happy dance?
Let's give it a whirl (literally)!

Here we go!
πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ•Ί
1-2,
Cha-Cha-Cha! 
πŸ’ƒ πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ•Ί
Move those hips
Cha-Cha-Cha! 
Don't break one!
Cha-Cha-Cha! 
Okay, I'm exhausted!
It was fun though, wasn't it?

~ ~ ~
New in '22 (Again)

I started this Beautiful Word devotion 
in 2019 and didn't get very far!
I made it through the first six days!!!
With a couple more
completed days somewhere inside.

I've been reading two other devotions for 10 years or so. They don't offer a place to journal like this one but in 202I, I found myself journaling, doodling, etc., on the pages after I read them. That activity has prompted me to pick up the Beautiful Word again here in 2022. 

This time, the goal is to: 
Simplify, 
and of course, 
last longer than six days! 
πŸ˜„ 

Below are my first four pages from 2019.
January 1 & 2

As you can see, the left side has been decorated by the writer and/or publisher, leaving the right side to the reader's imagination as well as any other area that strikes one's fancy to journal. 

January 3 & 4

The house above was made 
from fabric and fused onto the page.
I enjoy fusing fabric on paper so 
there will be more in the future.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Here's a little Heavenly Hope: 

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, said the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope
                                              Jeremiah 29:11

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
That's it for now my friend! 
I hope your 2022 is blessed and beautiful!
See you soon!

Tootles,
Donna

P.S. In case you're interested, the build has been documented on my other blog, Smiles For Many Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment