Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Project Thread Holders

As we pulled the studio's new digs together, I realized that there wouldn't be room for the long thread holder that I'd been using for a great many years.  That's when handy dandy hubby Geo put on his cape (which looks exactly like a tool belt) and came to the rescue. He cut it into two unequal but appropriate sizes for specific locations on the new wall.  

The original spool holder in it's previous home.
above, left.

The thread holders needed something more though--some personality, pizzazz, oomph--if you will! And it needed to be a quick and easy fix with something already on hand.  

The logical choice:  
a fabric backing  

The smaller spool holder is 
ready for the fabric backing. 
Doesn't that fabric 
look sort of outer spacey?

In getting rid of so much stuff when we moved, we didn't have a staple gun so Geo made a quick run to Home Depot.

He returned with this cool gadget!
It's perfect for the studio.

Compact and cute!  

Now I'm packing!
Let the quickest StapleFest 
in the wild wild west begin!

Pull it taut...
...and pull the trigger!
Repeatedly.

Once secure, hubby trimmed the  
fabric from the corners to reveal 
the screw holes so it could be hung. 
And we were finished in no time.

The longest one ready to hang!

Now the thread holders are all 
cozy and hung in their places with
visions of thread all over their faces.
What?  
You didn't know thread holders 
have those kind of thoughts, 
did you?

Me neither.

The locations allow for easy access 
because I mainly use the 
sewing machine closest to them.

When we moved, I got rid of almost all of the thread that was on the long thread holder in the first photo.

The only threads to make the cut were metallic threads which have been added to the bottom of the longest thread holder, along with a couple other non-thread items.  

I also have two containers of embroidery threads which were acquired before we moved. They made the cut too because I use them for almost everything.  I love 'em!  No rules here.  I use what I like.  

The small thread holder is 
a rather Lonely Lady though. 
 For now.

I wonder what she is thinking?

Perhaps:
Fill me up, 
fill me up, 
buttercup, 
don't break my heart!

That's an oldie.
Do you remember it?

In any event, I'm sure Lonely Lady will host some threads in the future as well as her longer, metallic wearing friend, Shiny Sheila.  

You didn't know that 
thread holders had names either, 
did you?

Me neither.

Tootles,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment